- Longitude: East long 730 31’ to 730 52’
- Latitude: North Latte 170 59’ to 170 50’
- Area: 145.40 sqlms
- Altitude: 4710 feet / 1427 meters (above sea level)
- Population: 10,354 (approx)
- winter: October
to February - 50 to 200 C.
Max.: 23.5 Deg. C, Min.: 5 Deg. C
- summer: March
Max.: 29 Deg. C, Min.: 18 Deg. C
- monsoon: June-September
Max.: 23.5 Deg. C, Min.: 8 Deg. C.
- winter: October to February - 50 to 200 C.
- Rain fall: 6635 mm ( 265 inches )
- Best Season to visit: October to March.
- During winter: light woolen clothes
- During summer: cottons
- Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarathi
- Crops: Strawberry, Rasberry, Mulberry
- Products: Honey, Jams, Syrups, Crushes, Chikki, Channa, leather goods and Kolahapuri chappals.
1. On arrival entry tax Rs. 15/- per person, cars Rs. 50/-
2. Local transport - taxis and tourist cars are available for local transport and also for
- Local sight seeing of Mahableshwar.
- Sightseeing of Panchgani
- Sightseeing of Pratapgad
- Sightseeing of Tapola
3. Taxis are available at the booking office near the bus terminal the tel no. 260271
4. The state run busses are also available for sightseeing and start from the main bus station the tel no 260254
5. Gas stations (Petrol/diesel pumps)
6. Bharat Petroleum
7. Hindustan Petroleum
- State Bank of India - Tel 260297
- Bank of Maharashtra - Tel 260290
- Union Bank of India - Tel 260413
- Satara dist Co-op Bank - Tel 260571